Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 6 Nov 89 11:32:01 GMT
>I had also discovered a shortcut for * FILEID files. I store my software files
>on the A(191) disk, so I simply put:
>
>1
>*DEFAULT* A LSV_LCLD
>> * * = = A
>
>in the fileid file, meaning that all the files have the identical name on the
>disk, and I don't need to touch the * FILEID files ever again.  -turgut

This is definitely  NOT an advisable thing to do.  To start with, putting
files on the A  disk is not a good idea, because  then you won't remember
what is yours and  what is standard LISTSERV, and you  don't want to fill
in the A-disk  with files and then have LISTSERV  stop working because of
disk full.  Then storing files under  their real names opens  up security
holes, ESPECIALLY  IF DONE ON  THE A-DISK which  holds all the  execs and
modules ran by LISTSERV.

  Eric