Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 May 2001 16:10:04 +1000
> I am contemplating migrating the Listserv at listserv.temple.edu from
> Tru64 Unix (with Qmail instead of Sendmail) to Windows 2000,
> or NT.

Hmmm....funny you should mention this.  I've just been asked if we can do
the opposite: migrate LISTSERV from NT to Linux.  I'm curious if anyone's
done this.  Specifically, I'd like to know if it's imperative to be running
Sendmail (or any other mailer) on the Unix box or can LISTSERV just point to
an external mailer?  Currently our NT install sends and receives via our MS
Exchange server which sits on a seperate machine.

As well, I know that Unix-based O/Ses and Windows tend to handle text files
differently...how easy is it to migrate the text files necessary for a list
(subcriber lists, headers, logs, etc.)?

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.