"K. M. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Sep 1991 15:52:21 EDT
Hello Listservists:

I hope that I am not writing to the wrong list on this, but I have been unable
to find another answer for a problem that I have:

I am attempting to install software received from a LISTSERV.  We are a CMS
SP5 environment, and I am looking to GET filetype MODULEs from several list
servers.

We are not networked via BITNet or BITNet II, and are using standard IBM SMTP.

Is there a way that I can receive MODULE and the like files?  I have written
an LPUNCH reader, but when I get files from my system I find that the
record counts are invalid, apparently even the 80 byte records are somehow
being forwarded incorrectly by the mailer.

One person suggested that I use the BINARY option for file transfer, but I
can't find anything resembling that in the documentation that I have.

So, the question is:  it this possible?  And, if so, how?

I appreciate the help, and would appreciate replies directly to me as I am not
yet able to read this list with any frequency.

Regards,

K. M. Peterson
Computervision Corp.
Bedford, MA  01730 USA