"Miguel A. Campos" <EARNMAIN@EB0UB011>
Fri, 23 Dec 88 09:57:14 HOE
Hello all:

From Dec. 27 to Dec. 31, we plan to stop our IBM 3083 processor which
serves as international Spanish node (EB0UB011) in the EARN backbone
(of course, if ever there were any unexpected installation difficulties
the outage will be longer).

We expect that by January 2, 1989, our new 3090 will be running smoothly,
but during these days we will be UNABLE to receive and forward mail and
files during all these days, so the service will be INTERRUPTED (access
to nodes in Portugal and Spain from nodes beyond Montpellier will be
DISCONTINUED), and our servers (LISTSERV, NETSERV and RELAY) will be
unable to receive requests and/or provide adequate service.

IF it is POSSIBLE, during this planned outage we will provide service
by establishing an alternative arrangement using a different processor
(our current EB0UB012): the adjacent backbone nodes (FRMOP22 and PTEARN)
have already commited themselves to perform the small changes that will
be needed.

We apologize for the inconveniences that this outage may cause to the
user community, and we will do our best to minimize the adverse impact
on service level.

With best regards and wishing Merry Xmas to all of you,
Miguel.