Thu, 18 Oct 1990 12:17:14 -0400
Sorry about the possible reposting, but I had a mail problem, and
don't know if this either (a) made it out to the net, or (b) whether
any answers were posted or not.  Here's the question:

I'm running LISTSERV 1.6e, and would like to know how I can turn off
the automatic addition of the .BITNET suffix to unqualified hostnames
before mail is handed off to MAILER for processing.  Our MAILER is
set up to not route by default to BITNET, and we have quite a few
addresses of the form USER@NODE for which NODE isn't on BITNET, and
LISTSERV changing that to [log in to unmask] before sending it on
to MAILER is causing a lot of undelivered mail.

Many Thanks,

Darryl Marsee
Postmaster/Techrep
Syracuse University