David E Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 15:06:27 -0500
> There's a  BITnet node called  FANDM that's connected  to BITnet the  old way
> through  TEMPLEVM.  From  that  node   is  yet  another  BITnet  node  called
> MILLERSV. Both  FANDM and MILLERSV are  planning to go off  BITnet real soon.
> As I understand it, any Listserv mail  that's bound to any users on these two
> systems will bounce or stall on TEMPLEVM.  What, if anything, do I need to do
> as  TEMPLEVM's Listserv  Postmaster  to  assure that  mail  to Listserv  list
> subscribers on FANDM  and MILLERSV is redirected to  the appropriate Internet
> hosts?

1) MAKE SURE THEY GET A :newnode. ENTRY IN THE NEXT BITEARN
   NODES! This will cause all the Revised LISTSERV sites to
   change their addresses automagically. It takes about 2 full
   BITEARN NODES cycles for every node to install the current
   tables, so they should plan on waiting at least that long.

2) When they do leave, you may want to insert a temporary manual
   entry into your HOST OVERRIDE file that redirects their
   traffic to their Internet address, eg something like

     FANDM BSMTP foo.fandm.edu =