Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:39:39 +1100
>> When LISTSERV looks at an email header what RFC822 field
>> does it search to
>> decide who is sending it: FROM, REPLY-TO, PATH, or SENDER?
>> I'm assuming
>> that it looks in the FROM field but I'd just like a
>> confirmation of this.

> If there is a Sender: field as well, Listserv will take that
> in preference.
> I found this out the hard way - MH on Unix kept putting in a
> Sender: because
> I had provided a From: field different from my Unix login.
> As a result, I
> had to put both my user-friendly and actual user@node addresses in the
> POSTMASTER variable.

Thanks for the tip.  This is exactly what was happening.  The FROM,
REPLY-TO, and SENDER fields all had slightly different entries.  A quick
tweak of the subscriber database fixed it up nicely.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Views expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the views,
opinions or position of my employer.