Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:01:35 -0700
On 10/23/2002 07:02:18 PM Eric Thomas wrote:

>> 11 Sep 2002 19:21:07 Processing file 0022 from SMTP6@MSACVM
>> 11 Sep 2002 19:21:07 -> Decoding MIME message parts...
>> 11 Sep 2002 19:21:07 Rescheduled as: 0023
>> 11 Sep 2002 19:21:07 Processing file 0023 from LISTTEST@MSACVM
>> 11 Sep 2002 19:21:07 Sent information mail to MAINT@MSACVM
>>
>> The relevant information in the mail sent to MAINT is:
>>
>> The enclosed message, found in the LISTTEST mailbox and shown under the
>> spool
>> ID 0023 in the  system log, has been identified as  a possible delivery
>> error
>> notice for the following reason: mail origin is the local mailer.
>
>This suggests that you have MAILER = 'LISTTEST@MSACVM' in LOCAL SYSVARS,
which
>is incorrect if this is the LISTSERV userid.

From LOCAL SYSVARS: mailer = 'SMTP@msacvm'

Wouldn't everything fail if the mailer was incorrect?

Given that the above messages came from a test machine, LISTTEST, cloned
from my production machine, LISTSERV, are there any references to the
userid that I should have changed? I couldn't find anything obvious in the
SYSVARS files.

thanks for your help

lisa