"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:59:54 -0500
Are there LSoft comments/documents concerning moving to a new (Linux to
Linux, sendmail) machine? Others care to comment?

I have a LISTSERV on Linux installation with a couple of hundred lists
that I'd like to move to a new machine. When in production, the new
machine will have the same name as the old production system.  I'd like
the move to be invisible to list owners and subscribers.  Any words of
wisdom on how to do it?

I also need to upgrade from 1.8e (2002a) to the current version 14.3, but
expect that will have to be a separate step, probably after the hardware
move.  Comments?

Thanks and cheers, wayne