James Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:49:32 -0500
I agree.  I realize that coming from a university setting I may have a
different perspective on this but what good is an archive if you can't
trust it to contain the record of what has happened on the list?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Pete Weiss wrote:

> List-management is highly subjective; many folks believe you should never
> alter the archives.  Archive editing is a slippery slope, especially as a
> personal time-sink.  To a certain degree, it is even a exercise in
> futility especially if there are third-party (and unregulated, even
> personal) archives.
>
> I would be hard pressed to remember if I've ever done such a thing in the
> more than a decade of operating lists (that's not to say that I've never,
> I just can't recall).
>
> /Pete

 James Morrill  office: HL 11, 785-532-4909   www-personal.ksu.edu/~james

 Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared
 to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the
 basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously
 work and sacrifice for that freedom. --  John F. Kennedy