Marty Hoag <NU021172@NDSUVM1>
Sat, 6 Dec 1986 21:13:13 CST
   Would it be possible to add an Ack=MAIL or Ack=COPY option?  This
option would simply return a copy of the mail item sent to the list back
to the sender.  No statistics files would be sent to the sender.

   Many non-technical users are easily annoyed with 'junk mail'.  While
the statistics are interesting to postmasters, I doubt if an Music Professor
would really understand the multiple responses.  I was reminded of this
when the discussion of the 'meaningless' information which GRAND returns
was being discussed.

   I think getting a copy of the mail would reassure these non-hackers
that the mail really did go out.  (Sort of like picking up a newspaper
or magazine with an article you wrote).  We can still pull statistics
when we need them.

   Thanks for your consideration of what would technically be called a
"warm fuzzy"...   :-)
                              Marty