Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 30 Oct 1986 14:11 SET
  UCF1VM: I am not too sure what is happening now, but I think the FRECP11-LIST
SERV has been renamed to LISTSERV and the old one to LISTSRV, and LISTS no lon-
ger exists. As I said I'm not sure, I may have confused with another node -- on
ly one thing is sure: this happened recently at some node :-)

  Owner being  allowed to send  mail: I  agree, I had  fixed that when  I heard
Alan's complaint on RELAY-L. This fix will be in 1.5c.

  LISTSERV JCL not being  SMTP: this is not a big problem. It  would not be too
difficult to implement a BSMTP command:

* * * TOP OF FILE * * *
// BSMTP DD=BSMTP
//BSMTP DD *,EOF,RES=DISK
HELO...

.
QUIT
* * * END OF FILE * * *

All you'd have to do is insert two  'cards' on top of the BSMTP stuff. No other
conversion needed. It would take about one day to write the BSMTP handler becau
se of the numerous error messages, but it's nothing *complicated*.

  Eric