Barbara Passman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:59:33 -0500
S.O.S
My co-admin and I made some changes in our list header last night.
   I obtained the our list header, setting it as  NOLOCK
"GET XXXX-L (HEADER NOLOCK"

Got the header, made the changes  my partner and I wanted, PUT.
Received the reply from Listserv that the Header had successfully
been replaced.

My co-admin also got a copy of the  new Header using HEader NOLOCK command.
  He noticed that his email addresss, as quiet owner , somehow had
gotten misspelled. ( sent correctly to the LISTSERV, so we wonder how
the address got messed up)

He fixed the misspelling , PUT back the header and shortly
thereafter, via both the REview command the GET command, for full list
  noticed that ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS were gone.

Does anyone know what might have happened?
Luckily , both of us admins pull a copy of the list weekly so he
could make a restore.

But why did this happen?
  Both of us got a header, put back a header.
Both of us got back confirmation that our HEADERS had been replaced.
So, why did subscribers disappear?

WE do not want this to happen again.
what did we do wrong?

  Sincerely