Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:03:32 -0500
At 09:43 AM 4/21/2004 +0200, Ulrich Giese wrote:
>in principle you are right, this isn't a big problem, however it looks
>on the the report-page a bit nasty and i'm sure, i'm getting questions
>which i like to avoid.

Well, but I've given you the answer to that one :)

>on the other hand, scanning this file takes an enormous amount of time
>where the machine is so (cpu-)busy that all other tasks are delayed.

Yes.  I imagine that's why the FPROT engine is designed to abort scans that
take an inordinate amount of time.

>btw: there's a newer version 542 (i'm still running 540) maybe the
>new version fixes this kind of problems. i've asked [log in to unmask] yesterday
>for a new key but haven't heard from them so far....

Hmm, I think your rep is in Stockholm, you should probably call the office
on +46 (0)8 50 70 99 00 to expedite this.

We should probably generally announce this anyway -- Windows sites can now
request an FSAV 5.42 key from their sales reps and may upgrade to 5.42.  We
have finished our testing and it works fine with LISTSERV.  The kit is
available at ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/F-Secure/542srv9480.zip .

But please contact your rep for the 5.42 key before trying to install :)

Nathan