"Dwight M. McCann" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 15:46:45 PDT
I have recommended to my management that we agree to pay for LISTSERV
products, inlcuding "between release support"!  I would certainly expect
that if we are paying for a Program Product that effort would be directed
to its support, in terms of documentation, prior to development of new
platforms.  While I fully understand and support the need to develop
cooperative distributed platforms, it would be very difficult to justify
"L-Soft will start on documentation for the programs we are paying for
as soon as they have developed programs for other platforms with the
money we have paid them!"  I don't mind waiting for documentation because
it takes a while to write, but I do mind waiting because L-Soft wants to
expand its platform base first!  Hell, Eric, contract the documentation for
the VM versions out to Ben if you're under pressure to develop new code.

Dwight (Another not yet paying customer complains about lack of
        documentation for a not yet purchased Program Product!)  McCann

P.S.  I'm already lining up my management to expect requests for the
      AIX version of LISTSERV and VM LMAIL, so I do have a yet to be
      vested interest in new L-Soft platforms.  It's just that I can't
      figure out FILELISTs from "Official" documentation.  ;-)