Carl Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 13:07:02 -0700
I have two lists running and just did a bulk add and it returned a result
of: 94,391 recipients added. But when I do a LISTS SUM Command I get this:

   List membership summary for selected servers known to
   [log in to unmask] on 2 Jul 1997 12:48:54

                         Number of lists   Membership count
Nodeid                   Public    Total   Public     Total
------                   ------    -----   ------     -----
TOASTER.BERKSYS.COM           2        2    85273     85273

Why the disparity? Is there a way to discover the number of subscribers on
any individual list easily?

What occured is this...I did a bulk delete of the whole list, then re-added
a new clean list (it can be amazing what Marketing departments can do to a
list... yikes!). Is there some lag time before the list gets processed and
added to the total? This is the same number (85273) that was there when
list #2 had been deleted. So the 90K people were never added back...

For those of you who may be worried...it isn't spam...it's a company
product newsletter....BEZERKNEWS and TOASTEDNEWS that go out either once a
week or once every 2 weeks, and everyone on it, signed up to be there,
amazing....

-Carl Forsythe

--
Carl Forsythe
Online Systems Manager, Berkeley Systems