"ROBERT M. HAMER" <HAMER@VCUVAX>
Wed, 19 Jul 89 14:21:00 EDT

First, I just discovered this list, and just subscribed in order to ask
this question.  If it has been addressed before, I apologise; someone
can tell me where I can find the archived answer and I will go away.

When I first subscribed to SAS-L (@VTVM2), the messages that arrived had
my name and the others who subscribed at my institution, in the "To:" field,
each on a separate line, i.e.,

To:  "Robert M. Hamer"  <BITNET%"HAMER@VCUVAX">
     Another reader
     Yet another reader
     etc

Then, perhaps a year or two ago, only my name started showing up; the
other names disappeared.

Then, about a month ago, the other names started showing up again, but
this time, instead of each name on a separate line, they all appear on
one line, which is more than 80 characters long, and therefor folds over
on the terminal, and looks messy.

I tried sent this question to one of the persons who are listed at VTVM2
as the "owners" of the list, [log in to unmask]  No answer so far.  Barry Grau
of the University of Illinois hypothesized that it had something to do
with upgrading to a new version of LISTSERV.  I sent out the above question
to SAS-L and got about 20 responses, most of which (it could be a biased
sample) said, yes they had noticed the same pattern, and yes the current
configuration was annoying and confused their mailers.

So, anyone here know what is going on?