Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Nov 1992 18:03:49 GMT
On Tue, 3 Nov 1992 15:59:58 EST, "Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
said:
>relay.cs.net, I am wondering what else is no longer needed,
>or should be done differently.       /Duane
>
>Below is taken from OHSTVMA's MTPLATE file for MAILER.
[lots of MAILER source routes deleted]

If I remember right, these were recommended back in the days when FAL (and,
hence, most INTERBITs) couldn't handle MX records.  Now that (I'm fairly
sure) all INTERBITs *can* handle MX records, I can't think of a single
reason why we should force the routing through some specific host.

I suppose if a particular mailer uses a particular private gateway,
then there might be some circumstance where that type of routing would
be useful.  But as a "Network Policy" I would say that all of those
routes should be deleted.

Bill