"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 May 90 12:50:28 EDT
On Tue, 22 May 90 10:22:58 EDT Mignon Erixon-Stanford said:
>From:    Mignon Erixon-Stanford
>
>Way back on May 5th, Geert suggested that owners be able to get unlimited
>number of files from the filelists for their list(s).
>
>The way we handle this is to grant list owners link access to the LISTSERV
>191 and auxiliary disks in RR mode, no password required.  This assumes that
>the list owners are on the same node as the LISTSERV machine.
>
>                                 PROFS & LISTSERV Administrator
>                                 IRMSS907@SIVM   (202) 357-4243
>                                 "The only constant is change."

Well ... I am very glad to see that not *everyone* ignored my suggestion.
I have had to ask people at the nodes for files, and this works because I
know someone on the other end who is very nice (hi Gary Samek), but I can
imagine what others have to go through.  How about it Eric?

Now, if we could just get rid of TRICKLE, there would be so much less *&$
files jamming things up ... :-)

/Geert