Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:11:55 +1000

> Unfortunately I havent figured out how to specify a given
> listserv home directory for wa so it creates the various
> template files
> (wwwtpl and mailtpl) and doesnt confuse lists running on the
> other listserv

All this info can be found in the Site Manager's manual chapter 5.4 but, in
a nutshell....

Typically you would install 'wa' into the script or cgi-bin directory of
your web service.  Refer to your web server documentation to find out which
one it is.  You then need to set this directory in the LISTSERV Site
Configuration variable, eg. WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI=/script_dirctory_name/wa (note
that it's a relative URL from the root of your website).

Next, create a directory within the website where LISTSERV can create the
web archives ('archives' seems to be a popular name for some reason...).
This needs to be specified in the the Site Config as WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR=
x:\inetpub\website\script_directory_name\archives (note that this needs to
be a full OS file path...I've used a DOS path here so you'll have to use an
appropriate UNIX path with your unique diretory names).

Lastly, within the 'archives' directory create sub-directories with the same
name as the lists you want to access via the web.  LISTSERV will only
web-enable lists that have these sub-directories, all other lists will stay
as email-only.

As long as you enter the values for WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI and WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR into
the Site Config file for your *non-profit installation only* you should be
fine.  I'm not a UNIX guru but I assume the other installation shouldn't
even be seen.  Also, make sure you DO NOT create a sub-diretory in
'archives' with the names of any lists you don't want web-enabled.  This is
a sure-fire way of ensuring a list doesn't appear in the web interface.

Hope this helps!

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.