Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:37:42 -0400
At 15:49 4/19/2005 Tuesday, Alexander Willman wrote:
>Pete Weiss wrote:
>>At 15:02 4/19/2005 Tuesday, Alexander Willman wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to exempt a particular e-mail address from the LISTSERV spam filtering?  If so, please describe how.  Thank you.
>>
>>I suspect that there is more context to this questions e.g., are the they already subscribed to the list?  Is it one list subscribed to another list?  I know I send lots and lots of email to lists and haven't gotten "hit" by any a/spam LISTSERV feature, but I am subscribed.
>>/Pete
>

>The context is as follows:  There is a particular e-mail address that occasionally sends e-mail to the owners of several e-mail lists via their listname-request addresses.  LISTSERV has withdrawn posting privileges from that address for 48 hours, apparently because the anti-spam feature was triggered.

As a "work-around," how about creating a new list with subscribers being the non-quiet owners of those particular lists or even subscribers being listname-REQUEST@listhost, with SEND= that "spammer" (the person who is permitted to send).

Not having tried this myself, it is only a WAG.

The "net" result may still be the original problem.

In which case the subscribers might need to be joined individually to the work-around list.

/P