"Kelley, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:23:40 -0700
Hi all!!

The Problem:  When the SMTP server I'm sending through is re-booted
every almost every list member gets another copy of all messages for the
last several months.  I say almost because some don't get it.  I usually
get it and it didn't happen to me this time.  Those that do say they see
some messages that they have never seen before mixed in with the ones
they had.  This makes me think it's something to do with people who have
had failed deliveries to them at one point.  I checked the error
messages I get against some of the people who got the "flush" and they
weren't bounced from what I can find.

This has got to be THE strangest problem I've ever seen.  I've posted
this before and I was advised that my Auto-Delete was just YES and it
had to have a little more behind it.  I thought...cool, that sounds like
it could be the problem.  Nope, it wasn't.

The only lists that hasn't been effected are the really small ones where
everyone's addresses are good and everything runs smooth.  I have added
larger lists after the smaller ones and the larger ones are having the
problem still.  So I'm pretty sure it COULD happen to any of my lists.

Here are a couple of my headers.  Each have 250+ users:

* Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Notebook= Yes,d:\listserver\main,Monthly,Public
* Errors-to= [log in to unmask]
* Validate= YES,CONFIRM
* Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)
* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Ack= Yes
* Confidential= No
* Notify= Yes
* Reply-to= Sender,Respect
* Review= OWNERS
* Send= PRIVATE
* Default-Options= NoFiles,REPro
*
* This list installed 03/21/97 by AI7R

* Collins Collectors List
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
* Notebook= Yes,d:\listserver\main,Monthly,Public
* Digest= No
* Errors-to= [log in to unmask]
* Validate= YES,CONFIRM
* Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)
* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Ack= Yes
* Confidential= No
* Notify= No
* Reply-to= Sender,Respect
* Review= OWNERS
* Send= PRIVATE
* Default-Options= NoFiles,REPro
*
* This list installed 01/04/97 by AI7R

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Dave
Webmaster
City of Tempe