Alicia Marcinczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 10:05:32 EST
"Panting" because it's canine-related.
Good Samaritan desperately needed for BELG-L, a list of some
165 members.  We are currently at Georgia Tech but will lose
that site as of April 1.

We need no archive space and little if any "support" from our
host (I've learned a lot about LISTSERV in the past 6 months
and have list admin. friends who can help me too).  I am
list owner/administrator; am willing to swear on a stack of
Godiva chocolates NEVER to bother our new host with a single
trivial matter, if only a host can be found!

I anticipate the list will grow to 200 subscribers within the
next 3-6 months, and may eventually grow to 300.  Traffic varies
depending on topic.  Can be as few as 5 messages per day, or
up to 15-20 during brief flurries.  Right now we're slow.

BELG-L is a discussion list for fanciers of Belgian Shepherd Dogs.
Our list members come from the US, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Norway,
Ireland, Great Britain, South Africa, and Australia.  We don't just
DISCUSS dogs, though; we also act for their welfare.  Through BELG-L
(and Dog-Rescue, another list I founded which is now at Netcom)
we have established an extensive rescue network.  BELG-L
conducted an informal health registry survey through which an
international health registry for Belgians is currently being developed
in cooperation with UCDavis' Genetic Disease Center. (Data from the
research studies conducted with the GDC will benefit all breeds).
It has served as a point of dissemination for my 1994 research
article on canine epilepsy which is being reprinted in many national
and local dog club magazines/newsletters and is archived
on the DDOG Bulletin Board. We are working with member-vets and
researchers to unlock the mysteries of the inheritance of epilepsy.
List members include people from many professional fields: vets,
engineers, university professors, biologists, astronomers....
you-name-it. All willing to use their professional expertise to
help their chosen breed of canine companion(s).

BELG-L is a very important resource and I *must* find a
new home---am willing to consider all options.  THANK YOU!

Best,
Alicia Marcinczyk, Univ. of Southern Maine
[log in to unmask] or