"Stringfield, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:03:08 +0200
Hello:

I am having a bit of a problem with the Exchange 4.0 mailer interfacing
with ListServ/LSMTP.   I thought upgrading to 1.8c would perhaps take
care of the problem but such was not the case.  What happens is you can
retrieve a header or file from the ListServ but when you forward to the
server '>>'  is inserted and since the 'greater than' sign is ignored
nothing happens.

This is indicated in the file below.  I retrieved the header for the
list, added one line -
Renewal=3-Monthly,Probe and forwarded it back to the server.  It was of
course returned with no action taken.  The major problem and concern is
that in order to change an list header or to store any files on the
server they must be typed or re-typed as original documents.  So with
over 50 lists on the system just to add this one line to all list
headers is going to be a major task and yes all my options have been
reset telling the mailer not
to indent or use >.  Any ideas or thoughts on the subject?  Thanks...