Zvika Bar-Deroma <AER7101@TECHNION>
Fri, 8 Dec 89 13:25:26 IST
I've got a few questions/problems:

1. I tried to locate (or rather check for the existence of) a list
   dealing with a particular subject (oracle software in my case).
   I began an LDBASE session as follows:

       sel oracle in lists

   bingo - 2 hits; I asked for: sendback print all, and what I got
   really was the header of two lists - but, the header does not include
   the name of the list or its "home" LISTSERV (unless it's peered).
   So - I have the description only ! (I solved it by guessing that the
   owners have are on the same machine where the list is "based", I
   queried these LISTSERVs for LIST and from there it was easy..
   I really think that there should be a more elegant (and easier)
   way to get the info. I wanted.

   Did I go anything wrong ? Missed something ? Or was I really asking
   for a new feature ?

2. When one gets filelists they do not contain an immediate info. of
   the last date it was updated (yes - I can go through the whole list,
   or XEDIT and SORT). Could that date be written at the top of the
   file, where it says "LISTSERV FILELIST for LISTSERV at ..." ?

3. Last but not least - I own some lists and I tried to add a pw to
   them (initially created without) by changing the PW=XXXXXXXX at the
   list header I GoT to PW=my_password; then I stored it back, and got
   the mail from LISTSERV saying that the file was stored, warning
   that the list had no password; I also tried to NEWPW=my_password,
   but this didn't work either. What am I doing wrong ?
   (Our LISTSERV is 1.6C)

/Zvika