Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 09:13:03 CST
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:50:05 -0500 Valdis Kletnieks said:
>On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:27:46 MST, you said:
>> Of course the dream we ALL have is that people set up their rules for
>> vacation messages to be sent to NOT include lists, and that they'll also
>
>Pray tell.. do you know of a reliable programmatic way to detect
>that a given message came from a list, and therefor should not be
>vacation-replied to?   If so, please share, so that the world may
>benefit ;)

Hopefully the person will know what lists they are subscribed to.  That
assumption being the case (and we all know what "assume" means), the
user should be able to tell the vactation program which addresses to
not respond to.

Of course, I'm just speculating since I don't use vacation programs....

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://helper.tamu.edu/STAFF/cbarnes/