"Barbot, Christopher" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:23:49 -0500
our list works as such:

* Quiet:

Not quite sure if this helps or not.  I'd run a test to see or ask around if the quiet owners are getting any errors or alerts sent to them.  ... just to make sure that it works that way.  Good luck!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Warhurst, SI (Spencer) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Quiet owners

I found a list on one of our servers that has owners lines written like:

Owner= [log in to unmask]
Quiet Owner= [log in to unmask]

I've always thought (and according to the site manager's manual) that is
should be:

Owner= [log in to unmask]
Owner= Quiet: [log in to unmask]

However, when you update the header via the web, Listserv doesn't throw up
any errors for "Quiet Owner=". Is this because it treats it as a line of
text & therefore ignores it, or what?

TIA

--
Spencer Warhurst