Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:06:26 -0500
On 6/8/00 7:14 PM, John, Laura <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>We are running List Serv 1.08d. If a password becomes known, is it possible
>for an outsider to do anything to the lists or the List Serv if they are not
>an owner of a list?

Yes, by forging the email address of the list's owner, they could do
quite a bit of damage; including but not limited to taking control of the
list by removing the owner and putting themselves in charge. Passwords
should be kept very private, and validation enabled on high-risk
lists/hosts.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP