John Traweek <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:05:00 -0500
I like your response :).   Unfortunately my clients are paying for this
service, so they expect me to handle the issue...  Anyway, I did manage to
get on the phone with them again and apparently at some point in the last
week or so, they turned on Error Response for any message they deamed as
SPAM, I guess in the past they "dumped" the message according to them.  So
now that they are returning 421, the messages simply get clogged up in
LSMTP, along with any "good" messages.  So I think maybe the bad messages
are just mixxing in with the good and LSMTP simply tries to get as many out,
but after adelphia resets all the connections, the call scheduler simply
waits until the next resend, so some of the good messages never make it out.
This is probably turning into more of a LSMTP issue, than a LISTSERV issue
and I can redirect my question over to that list...

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Greenberg [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Adelphia.NET

On: Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 02:57:11PM -0500,John Traweek Wrote:

} Has any one experienced any problems delivering mail to the adelphia.NET
} domain.  Many of our list users use an adelphia.NET address and I am
getting
} flooded with complaints about mail not being delivered.  I have checked
our
} LSMTP spool and we have over 8000 messages spooled up, many almost 4 days
} old.  I am getting a 421 message rejected message from all but it appears
} one of their edge servers.  I have called the number on the who is record,
} and they instructed me to send an email to [log in to unmask] which I have
} done, 24 hours later I have not heard back.  Anyone know the direct number
} to their NOC or have a personal contact their, I am getting hammered by
some
} important clients?

About all you can do is tell them:

1) Adelphia is rejecting the messages.
2) Adelphia won't talk to me.
3) Please complain to Adelphia.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321
6507

________________________________

John Traweek
Senior Account Director
PCI: the data company
Heritage Square
4835 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1100
Dallas, TX 75244
972-774-3280
972-774-3284 Fax

We collect accurate data.  We deliver powerful information.

Visit us on the web at <http://www.publishingconcepts.com/>
This Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. The information contained in this Email is intended only for 'LISTSERV site administrators' forum'. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributions or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone (972) 386-0100, and destroy the original message.