Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:23:07 -0400
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Alexander Willman wrote:

>> From your earlier message it was not at all clear that the message was
>> coming from LISTSERV at all. LISTSERV does not produce that sort of
>> bounce... the MTA does.
>

> Our MTAs do not generate e-mail messages with either of the following
> headers:
>
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> LISTSERV apparently does.

The message you forwarded did not have those details (and they are still
insufficient). From the message you forwarded to the list, the actual
culprit it the MTA on lists.princeton.edu (which should not be receiving
SMTP anyway given the MX records, though internal routing might change
that).

> In any case, such a terse response from L-Soft is unacceptable.

I would not argue with that.

-- DCP