"Menge, Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 May 2003 18:18:47 +0200
Hello,

maybe you can help me with this problem. I became site manager of a
listserv installation (1.8e) in a Win2000 environment and consider myself
still being a newbee, please accept my apologies for stupid questions.

From time to time we experience a behavior of listserv, which we cannot
explain so far and which is quite bothering for the editors. Situation is
like this:

Listserv accepts requests by e-mail, but the replies are not being sent
out for some reasons. The web-interface works fine all the time. Requests
that don't need confirmation are executed by listserv, what I can verify
in the web interface. After shutdown and restart of listserv all expected
and still missing mails are sent out immediately.

This situation is really disturbing, because a restart always requires the
site manager. The editors in such cases often can't complete their work,
because they don't receive confirmation mails and the site manager is not
available for a listserv restart.

o Does somebady have similar experience, maybe there is even a known bug
  in 1.8e?
o What could be checked on the server to find the reason for such a
  behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver Menge

Oliver Menge - mailto:[log in to unmask]
IT-Support JOE-List
(Junge Osteuropa Experten)
http://www.joe-list.de