Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:26:54 -0500
On 6/29/2004 7:10 AM, Pete Weiss wrote:

> I think the one concept that needs exploring is what happens when a
> non-editor (or spammer) posts?  Should it be sent to the moderators?  If
> so, that's not my idea of a one-way list.

If a list is configured with any form of 'Send= Editor', messages from
addresses which are not explicitly authorized to post to the list will be
forwarded to the moderator (or primary editor) for approval.

You may be able to eliminate non-editor postings by configuring the list
with 'Send= Private' and 'Default-Options= NoPost'. Be sure the editors
are subscribed to the list, then set them to 'Post' and everyone else to
'NoPost'. With this configuration, the list should reject messages from
everyone except those subscribers who are set to 'Post', i.e., the editors.

The 'Service=' keyword defines the domain(s) from which the server will
accept subscription requests for the list. 'Service' can be used as an
operand on other keyword statements, to define who may post to the list,
review the subscriber list, or access the list archives.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator