Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 15:44:55 CDT
I own a list which also has a Usenet group (moderated) reflection via
the american.edu Netnews service.  My problem is that every once in
a while, I get a message which arrives *from LISTSERV* as an error
in delivery.  The problem is that it is being sent to
owner-LISTNAME instead of the name of the list.  Now I can understand
why listserv wouldn't distribute it, but my question is this:

Why it just arrive as an error message instead of just a regular mail
message to the owner?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                      (409) 845-8300 (work)

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are
neither inclinded nor determined to commit crimes; such laws make
things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they
serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man
may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
                          --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria