"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Mar 1992 18:12:59 CST
> We're  beginning  the process  of  making  LISTSERV files  avalable  via
> Anonymous FTP and I  was wondering if anyone had done  this and if there
> are any words of advice.

> It seems to me that this is a tedious process.

My experience may not be helpful to you since it doesn't have anything
to do with existing listserv files, but one of the lists I run keeps
files available via anonymous ftp instead of via the listserv.  Although
it started that way because the mainframe that hosts the list didn't
have room for our files, most people seem happy with the arrangement.
Since there are no listserv notebooks, a program here on our system
in another state automatically grabs all copies of the list mail, strips
unnecessary headers, and puts them in a daily log available via anonymous
ftp.  In addition to the daily logs, we have all kinds of other list-
related stuff available, including gif files picturing some of the
subscribers.
--
  -- Natalie ([log in to unmask])