"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 08:22:18 EDT
Shirley:

The way I read the monitoring report, it will continue
monitoring that user for up to "delay(n)" days of no
errors.  You tried to short circuited this procedure, but there
is no way (that I know of) of informing the monitor.

As you may recall, even DELETEing a userid from new distributions
does NOT prevent in-progress distributions from bouncing.  Those
in-progress postings could have been generated days ago and are
pending delivery (or bouncing).  Thus, the monitor process should
prevent those extraneous bounces from hitting your mail box
one at a time.

I don't think this is BAD (Broken As Designed), but GOOD
(no acronym needed).

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]        "I get paid by the Byte"        +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA