Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 08:36:20 CDT
>Thanks for your reply.  How do most people who have a choice read a list,
>via mail or news?  I have been assuming most will choose news.

I think it depends on the characteristics of the list as each (mail vs.
news) has their own advantages (and disadvantages).  I use VM/CMS; my
mail system is Ricemail, my newsreader is NNR.  I prefer that my high
volume lists/groups be read via news (it's easier to mark uninteresting
articles as read).  However, if I want to reply to both the group AND
the original poster, it's *much* easier to use mail.

Chris Barnes            |   President - Bryan/College Station
[log in to unmask] |         Retriever Club
(409) 846-3273 (home)   |   "Dedicated to the betterment of
(409) 845-8300 (work)   |               the retrieving breeds"