Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:58:25 -0600
I found this timeline for AOL's implementation of Goodmail at
http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/daniels/archives/2006/01/aol_phases_out.html

=============================
For those interested in the details, AOL's time line for phasing out the
Enhanced Whitelist is as follows.
* On April 3, 2006, AOL will change the qualification criteria for the
Enhanced Whitelist by lowering the complaint threshold to an extent that
will significantly reduce the number of IP addresses included in the
program.
* On June 30, 2006, AOL will terminate Enhanced Whitelist privileges. This
change will disable links and images by default from all non-certified
bulk email viewed from AOL 9.0, AOL webmail and all subsequent client
releases. As always, links and images can be enabled by the end user on a
message-by-message basis.
=============================

Also, regarding Yahoo, it appears that they are already on board according
to this press release from last October...
http://www.goodmailsystems.com/news/pressrelease102605.php

I'm a little fuzzy on the details of how this is supposed to work,
though...

--"Disable links":  does that mean you can see the links in non-certified
mail but they won't be 'clickable'?
--"Bulk email":  what number of messages would be considered bulk?
--Does -all- non-certified mail go directly to the spam folder or does
this just affect the 'non-certified bulk' email?
--Has anyone on AOL's Enhanced Whitelist received any information directly
from AOL about this, especially given the change in 'qualification
criteria' on April 3?

--Garrie

Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
02/03/2006 09:37 AM
Please respond to
LISTSERV site administrators' forum <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: AOL-Goodmail deal: Good Mail or "Goodfellas"?

> MAY already be happening.  It was reported on another listowners list
> that AOL tech support are telling people who call that it is a hoax.

If it were a hoax, AOL would already have issued a press release, and the
news would not be linked from Goodmail's web site. But I do find it
amusing
that there are people at AOL who genuinely believe the news to be a hoax
:-)

  Eric