Scott Ophof <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 90 01:59:05 SET
On Sun, 30 Sep 1990 22:00:51 MET Eric Thomas said:
>>My questions:
>>Since <user@bitnode> and <[log in to unmask]> are now equivalent (am I
>>right?):
>> - Do I get e-mail from that list at all?
>> - If so, at which address?
>Yes, exactly as before the tag became known.

This was the answer I was hoping for.  May I say some rather intelligent
program seems to be at work in LISTSERV?  Yes, I mean this a real
understatement and compliment!

>> - Does LISTSERV (or some other facility) go crazy figuring out whether
>>   I want mail (setting for domain address) or not (8@8 address)?
>Nope, it doesn't worry about it.

This is definitely reassuring!  Other than "automagically", I'm of course
curious as to how this seeming "paradox" is solved, but will desist asking
that question.  ;-)

>> - Do I need to do something, and if so, what?
>You may indeed want to "clean up the mess" but that is not absolutely
>necessary.

Willco.