Zvika Bar-Deroma <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 May 90 08:00:39 IST
Hello,
I'm almost certain that the issue I'm raising has been discussed here
before, but as far as I remember no "magic" answers were given, and it
must have been long ago. The question is for LISTSERV 1.6d.

Well - there are two lists, let's  denote them by "big" and "small". All
the people subscribed to "small" are also subscribed to "big" (both have
subscription: By_owner  and Repl-to:  sender) and the  idea is  that the
people of  "small" should  get and  be able  to post  to both  "big" and
"small", while  those of  "big" can  only get  mail/files sent  to "big"
(those sent by the "big" ppl. will of course get to ppl. on both lists).

I thought of two solutions enabeling:

1. The ppl. on "small" are not subscribed to "big". Instead, the "small"
   list itself is subscribed to "big". The problem is, that to allow
   ppl. on "small" and those on "big" to send to "big" I need to have
   the SEND= keyword set to PUBLIC, which I don't want, as SEND= is
   allowed values of access-level or editor, and access level does not
   allow for multiple lists (i.e. Send= big,small).

2. The people on "small" are subscribed to "big", but I SET there
   distribution options to nomail and nofiles, this way, they'll get
   their incoming "big" mail via "small" list, whicj, like in option 1
   is also subscribed to "big".

What should the dsitribution options for "small" when subscribed to
"big" be ?
Any better solutions to my problem ? Comments/ideas ?

/Zvika

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: 972-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : 972-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101@TECHNION