Doug Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Mar 1993 21:54:08 GMT
Stan Horwitz ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: After seeing too many silly and overly long sig files, and several flame
: wars over this matter on my list, I decided it would be nice just to not
: allow anyone to post anything on my list which has a long sig file with it.
: Does anyone know if my list can be set up to limit the length of sigatures
: of any postings sent to it? Thanks.

How will you determine where the .sig starts ?  The signatures are affixed
by mail and news software automatically.  Some of this client software
imposes size limits, but then I can just read it into the bottom of the
post manually to get around this.

The only pseudo-convention I've seen is that the signature is prefixed
with a line containing only two hyphens.
--
Doug Sewell, Tech Support, Computer Center, Youngstown State University
[log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]     <internet>!cc.ysu.edu!doug

uuencode bunny.dropping < core | mail [log in to unmask]