Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:14:26 -0500
This might be more appropriate for LSTOWN-L but I suspect it is more an
administrative question...

We have started a faculty/staff mailing list which was initially created
by merging a list header with the output of a perl script that builds a
subscription list from our ph/qi database.  Periodically we rebuild the
ph/qi database (leaving a flat file 'qi.input' for those that work with
such a server) and the list is recreated and mailed off to Listserv/NT.

The initial list creation seemed to go well, but subsequent cycles it
appears the subscriber list is merely "updated" and not replaced.
I changed some of the Default-options= in the header and the previous
subscribers were not updated (I had to quiet set xxx yyy for *@*).

Unlike the usual complaint where some list editing mistake wipes out
the current list, my problem is exactly the opposite -- I want to wipe
out the old list and replace it with the new copy and have all of the
subscribers set to the subscription options in the header.

Suggestions?

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>