Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:30:57 CST
Ok, here's the situation.  We have 2 listservs,
  "A" runs on VM and is the site for almost all of our lists
  "B" runs on Solaris and handles all the SMTP traffic

When a post is sent to a list, "A" does not distribute the traffic
itself, but rather sends the message to the listserv on "B", which
then handles it all.  We did this by having the following settings
in the LOCAL SYSVARS on the "A" listserv:

   USE_NJE= 1
   INTERBIT= "B.TAMU.EDU"

So far, so good.  It all worked.  But now we want to bring up the
Windows NT version of Listserv and LSMPT (because of Eric's announcemnt).
So we get the files, install it all on a NT box, and they seem to be
working.  To test the power of the LSMPT, we try to change the "A"
listserv to send its traffic to this new machine, so we change the
INTERBIT value to point to this new machine
   INTERBIT= "C.TAMU.EDU"

But it just ignores it and keeps sending it to "B".  What are we
missing?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~cbarnes/

"If you have tried to do something and failed, you are vastly better
  off than if you had tried to do nothing and succeeded."
   - back of a pack of sugar at "Delux Burger Bar",
                                College Station, TX