Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:57:20 -0500
LSMTP rules for stuff like this. We regularly mail subscriber lists of
that size, and have LSMTP deal with delivery of it. It gives you good
controls over how many simultaneous threads to run over all, how many
concurrent connections to allow to a site, how many recipients per
message, etc. If we wanted to do like you were doing, we'd simply send
the mail out to one list, then turn the threads way down (to perhaps 5)
and let it chug away on it all night long.

LSMTP is LSOFT's smtp server, that works well as a companion piece for
Listserv. I'm sure the LSOFT folks could give you more info if you're interested.

It only runs on NT, but I am told it works fine alongside Listserv on
unix, and frankly, it is the fastest program I've ever seen on NT.

Best,
Al Iverson
Digital River, Inc.

--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
Support Jazz in Minnesota! -- http://www.mnjazz.com/