Thu, 7 Feb 1991 17:45:32 EST
I'm in charge of creating a brief index to each of our issues
of ETHMUS-L@UMDD (so far there have been 32 issues). At this point I
am using the INDEX command to generate a list of files in our archive
(LISTFILE), but the topical and subject entries of each issue present an
added problem: it seems that I must simply write a text file and
upload it as an ongoing archived file.

Is there some way, perhaps using specific subject entries, to
generate an index automatically, without having to xedit a text
file that gets attached to the listfile generated by the INDEX command?

Randal Baier
Cornell University