Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:43:26 -0600
One of the major email servers on our campus put in the Barracuda spam
filter a couple of weeks ago. Since then we've been experiencing problems
with Listserve and LSMTP delivering mail to their server -- both in
subscriber lists and distribution jobs.  Has anyone else run across this
problem?  I've been working with their administrator trying to see what's
happening, but no success in getting things rolling again.

I can post to a test list on our listserve from their system just fine.

What seems to set off the problem is when our system trys to send to an
user-address that doesn't exist on their, for example:

100 subscribers on a list are @123.edu.  If [log in to unmask] does not
exist some of the subscribers @123.edu receive the posting but others do
not.  I can see the posting in the LSMTP spool and they can see the
posting in the Barracuda on their system.

Restarting LSMTP and Listserve does not help.  I've also changed the SMTP
Destination setting on LSMTP so that the Max. number of simultaneous
connections is 10.

--Garrie