"Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:52:28 -0700
At 06:19 PM 8/27/2002, Michael Shannon wrote:
> > What, exactly, should I put in there to enable the browser
> > to enable folks with Netscape 4.7?
>
>Stephen
>
>First of all, I'm assuming you're using 1.8e??

Yes.

>  I didn't keep copies of the
>1.8d templates after I upgraded & I can't remember if the same applied. :-|
>
>In the default $WWW_IMAGES_URL template you should find a block at the very
>bottom that looks like this:
>
>.* Header and trailer use some non-standard attributes for <TABLE> and <TD>
>.* If you require complete adherence to the HTML 4.01 standard,
>.* set STANDARD_HTML to YES (only applies to the L-Soft-provided
>.* header and trailer)

No.  My $WWW_IMAGES_URL template has this:

.* Uncomment and edit the following lines as necessary
.*.SE WWWHOST   http://charitychannel.com/resources/images/cc-logo-sm-rev.gif
.*.SE LPOWERED  /archives/lpowered.gif
.*.SE CATALIST  http://www.lsoft.com/lists/listref.html
.*.SE ARCHINDEX /archives/index.html

This makes me wonder if there is a later build of 1.8e?  Should I download
and reinstall 1.8e?  Anyone?

>.SE STANDARD_HTML NO
>
>Change the line '.SE STANDARD_HTML NO' to '.SE STANDARD_HTML YES' and save
>the template.
>
>This will automatically force the default $WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER and
>$WWW_ARCHIVE_TRAILER to use standard HTML 4.01 code when closing off tables.
>If you look at the code of both these templates you'll see where it checks
>if STANDARD_HTML has been set to 'yes' or 'no'.

This makes perfect sense, but for the fact that my templates, and yours,
differ.

>If you've created custom headers or footers then you may have to do some
>manual fixup on your own.  YMMV.

I suppose I could fiddle with things but frankly I'm a bit hesitant to do
that absent finding out if I should be installing a later build....

Steve

Stephen C. Nill, J.D.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
CharityChannel.com