"Matt. Fox-Wilson." <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 06:07:43 NZT
        Following the recent failure to create a new newsgroup, the
proponents of 'soc.support.zoophilia' have decided to take one of the
pieces of advice that came up during the debate on news.groups and follow
the path of getting a mailing list with the intention of opening it up to
as wide a range of readers as possible. Unfortunately, we have so far been
unable to find anywhere suitable for hosting this mailing list so I am
writing here to request you have a look at the charter to see if you would
be able to carry the list.

        This mailing list would be a discussion list, it would not carry
binaries or erotic fiction. In short, it's a discussion group based on a
sexual subject but with the moderation policy set out below in the charter
I include it would lack any content that could be construed as illegal.

        It will be a discussion forum that will actively encourage comments
and opinions from every viewpoint. Of particular interest will be
discussion generated from people strongly opposed to zoophilia, discussion
that will probably stem into the subjects of morality, legality and
psychiatry among others. The moderation policy is purely to weed out
advertising,  binaries,  erotica,  and deliberately inflamatory and
insulting posts. All viewpoints would be actively encouraged to post, with
adverts for the group being placed in a wide variety of newsgroups.
Overall I feel the list would generate a large amount of intelligent
debate. I would respectfully like to ask your mail-list service provider
to help bring all the discussion (both pro and con) together into one
mailing list.

        Unfortunately, I haven't been told how I can subscribe to this list
yet (I was given the address to write to by Jim Jewett) so I'd be grateful
if any direct responses could be mailed to me ([log in to unmask])
direct.

        The charter and moderation policies of the list would be the same as
the proposed soc.support.zoophilia newsgroup. These follow:

CHARTER

   The purpose of soc.support.zoophilia is to provide to the zoophile
community a place to exchange information, emotional support, and advice
of legal or psychological natures.  The newsgroup will be moderated to
avoid the unwelcome presence of binaries, flames, and off-topic posts.

MODERATION POLICY

   Soc.support.zoophilia will not be used for fictional erotica,
binaries, or personal advertisements.  Relevant discussions on this
newsgroup include:  the social and emotional difficulties that zoophiliacs
have in today's world;  legal issues affecting zoophiles;  emotional
support for zoophiles who are confused or depressed about their love for
animals; and discussion of zoophilia as a social and psychological
phenomenon.
   Well-written questions and opinions, from any point of view, will also
be welcomed.

RATIONALE

   There currently exists no adequate newsgroup for useful discussion of
zoophilia.  The only newsgroup related to the topic is overloaded with
new-to-UseNet inquiries, poor propagation, and malevolent intolerance.
   The advantages of soc.support.zoophilia are its greater propagation,
granting more people the opportunity to observe and participate in
discussion about a nearly undiscussable topic outside of UseNet;
and moderation, which will filter out any off-topic, malevolent
or unduly lengthy postings.

MODERATORS

Aaron Daniels <[log in to unmask]> has volunteered to be the moderator
of this group.  Serving as secondary moderators are the following people:

    Blackwolf Psy Kent'an <[log in to unmask]>
    Kayotae Blackwolf     <[log in to unmask]>
    Remus Shepherd        <[log in to unmask]>
    Shuunka Tanka         <[log in to unmask]>
    Steppenwolf           <[log in to unmask]>