Galen Tillery <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Jul 1993 12:44:41 CDT
Regretfully, I must disable my LISTSERV due to management decree and would
appreciate some procedure help.

Is there a procedure to take out a LISTSERV?

I tried just shutting down the LISTSERV and taking out the entry in my
MAILER profile (1st entry in 'incoming node' column of:  SAMFORD   LISTSERV)
which did not work.  About 1/2 of my users who are on lists which have
multiple recipients got mail correctly delivered.  The other 1/2 of
multiple recipient list distributions got routed to the LISTSERV machine
where it sat until I brought LISTSERV back up.

Do list servers poll all known sites at IPL time and determine which use
MAILERs with LISTSERVs or is there some table somewhere that must get
updated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Galen
||> R. Galen Tillery             |  S a m f o r d     U n i v e r s i t y <||
||> Manager - Technical Support  |  Birmingham, Alabama  USA              <||
||> WhiteWater Enthusiast!       |  Computer & Telecommunication Services <||
||> POSTMASTER and INFOREP       |  Brooks Hall - 322                     <||
||> (RGTILLER@SAMFORD)           |  (205) 870-2706                        <||