Roger Fajman <RAF@NIHCU>
Thu, 04 Dec 86 16:08:38 EST
I would prefer to see us try to get more NETSERVs in the U.S.,
rather than inventing yet another mechanism for distributing node
tables.  Things are complicated enough as it is.  What are the
problems in getting more NETSERVs going?

Roger

P.S. - The NETSERV NAD (node administrator) for each node is the
contact person.  To do certain privileged things, the NAD must have
a password assigned by the "country coordinator" (Arthur Ecock,
ECKCU@CUNYVM, for the U.S. - just send him mail with the password
you want).  Once that is done, the NAD can assign passwords for
others at his/her node, giving them the authority to also do
privileged things, such as getting BITEARN NODES and the update
files.

P.P.S. - Some of this discussion is relevant to the node management
mailing list, [log in to unmask]  I suspect that there are some
interested people who are on that list, but not this one.