Bob Jackiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:01:56 GMT
Hi all,
   I think I'm seeing problems related to the AIX beta 1.8c. So far, I
think I have two that I know about.

- Personal passwords seem to just disappear. I've had a few people tell
me that they use their passwords two or three times, and the next time,
a few minutes later, ListServ forgets that they have a personal
password.

- There seems to be a problem with list owners accessing their file
catalogs. I have one defined as

tei-l.catalog .../path/tei-l.catalog prv own

but ListServ says that the owner of the list does not have permission to
get the catalog.

Also related to the file access privs, is it yet possible, in 1.8c, to
define subauthorizations within a catalog? I know this worked in 1.8b
for VM, but doesn't seem to be ported yet to Unix.

--
Bob Jackiewicz            UIC Academic Computer Center           [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago                            Network Services